Precious time is often lost through the handling of Restaurant Computer Systems . Similarly, the more cash is handled the greater the security risk in stores. Fortunately, Point of Sale (POS) technology is making better control of cash in retail stores possible, resulting in benefit for both staff and customers.
One German furniture company has estimated that the payment process and handling of cash at the checkout takes between 15 to 25 seconds. As this is only one part of processing pos system, 15 to 25 seconds is quite substantial time and, when the seconds are calculated for the cash handling from every sale throughout the day…till operators are spending more time on this process than most business owners would like.
Then, there is also the concern of cash robbery and theft. On any given day in a retail business, one, a few or many more employees will handle cash. Think how many different times and how many different people will handle cash in a supermarket on any one day. It is also probable that many managers are reconciling cash and making deposits, which is why they use point of sale systems.
How Do You Select the Best Point Of Sale Systems in Restaurant Computer Systems ?
- Personal Computer - Operates the POS software and provides hardware interfaces for devices such as printers, credit card readers and so on.
- Cash Drawer - A lock box that stores cash and is triggered to open by the pos software.
- Receipt Printer - Prints a paper copy of the sales transaction for the customer.
- Pole Display - LED display that faces the customer and shows each item and price scan.
2. Create inventory records and SKUs via the purchase order
3. Receive goods against the purchase order
4. On hand stock levels are increased based upon receiving
5. Print price tag with bar codes
6. Sell the goods via the point-of-sale cash register
7. On hand stock levels are depleted based upon SKU scans
8. Perpetual Inventory is automatically maintained
9. Generate reports on sales, inventory levels, purchases, and receiving
10. Manage inventory buying and markdown behavior based upon sales trends
As you can see, the simple point-of-sale system grew into a powerful information system for managers and store owners. Today, point-of-sale systems continue to innovate and some even include:
- eCommerce integration
- Integrated accounting
- CRM - Customer Relationship Module
- Electronic payment processing
- Gift card management
- Service order management
- Revolving accounts receivable
- Customer traffic counters
- Integrated video surveillance
- Open To Buy planning
- Linear inventory modeling
- Special order management
- EDI (electronic ordering)
- And much more...
Point of Sale - Are these Five Steps Increase Product Sales Through Your POS Display?
Observe your typical consumer with pos system when they're out shopping and you'll see that most people will buy something that they did not intentionally set out to buy. This is down to a number of things. Call it what you will - 'an impulse buy' or 'because I deserve a treat' or simply 'I have to have it!'
I believe that the simple reason behind a large number of these purchases, are down to clever marketing and eye-catching and believable promotional displays.
Indeed - how many times yourself have you been stopped in your tracks in a store, when first your mind sees a display, then you recognise the product from the advert you saw on the TV the other day and remember that 'this promised to reduce my wrinkles instantly'
So you walk over, stop and pick up the product and read the back of the box. It, along with the literature shown on the POS display re-confirms the claim. You decide it's a bit pricey but you really want to use this product because it will reduce my wrinkles! You want to buy it, because it will make you feel better about yourself. You go ahead and buy it and leave the store feeling happier because of your purchase. You're going to look and feel better!
So, my recommended lists of five steps to increase sales of your product through cleverly manufactured POS displays are:
1. Find a company that understands the needs of you, the client and the targeted market for your project.
2. Give a clear and concise brief and understand the budget. What does your favoured cost include and exclude.
3. Understand your brand, what may or may not the display build company use.
4. Ensure your chosen company has your trust. They will go the extra mile for you.
5. Keep in touch! It's good to talk and silly mistakes will be avoided.
Finally, sit back and enjoy fantastic product sales for all point of sale software!
POS - Point of Sale Explained
In a competitive market, point of sale displays help solve several of a marketer's short-term hurdles. The impact of sales promotion measures is not durable like the results obtained through advertising and personal selling. Sale displays by and large are understood and practiced as a catalyst and as a supporting facility to advertising and personal selling.
Point of sale displays differs from advertising in many ways. Whereas advertising is mostly an indirect and subtle approach towards persuading consumers to buy a product, sale displays is a direct and almost open inducement to consumers to immediately try the product. Secondly, advertising normally has long-term objectives like building brand awareness or building consumer loyalty or repositioning a brand, sale displays performs an immediate task of increasing current sales. Finally, advertising helps sales by adding some durable and long-term value to the product, while point of sale displays aid selling by temporarily changing the existing price-value relationship of the product.
The above categorization is based on the marketing problem to be tackled. If we look at the target group to whom sale displays measures are normally aimed at, we find four broad target groups, viz. the consumer, the trade or channel and influential groups. Bulk of the sale displays effort is aimed at the consumer and the trade.