How Do You Select The Best Point Of Sale Systems in Retail Point Of Sale Systems Small Business ?
A point of sale(POS) system is an important software in any business, whether it is large or small, that engages in any type of sales. These Retail Point Of Sale Systems Small Business use the amazing power of computing to perform a number of tasks that can simplify every aspect of a businesses small or big, including but not limited to; sales, inventory and ordering.
From simple functions, like scanning barcodes and calculating correct change, to more complex functions like inventory control, a POS System or software can help make any business run more efficiently. Even basic systems can represent a huge time savings. These Retail Point Of Sale Systems Small Business eliminate paper work by simplifying every aspect of a business’s operation. Not only that, because many systems offer back-ups and on-line information storage a business can access information even from remote locations. So, whether it is at a traditional cash register or with a sales associate that is working in the field, these systems are powerful tools.
Early in the life of a company perhaps a fairly simple POS system will be adequate, but it should be capable of taking on more complex tasks as your business grows. Not all iq point of sale systems, just like not all businesses, are the same. So it is important to consider, how you will use it, and how adaptable to your future needs a point of sales system will be for your business.
Interesting Facts About Retail Point Of Sale Software Management In Retail Point Of Sale Systems Small Business :
In a competitive market, point of sale displays help solve several of a marketer's short-term hurdles. The impact of sales promotion measures is not durable like the results obtained through advertising and personal selling. Sale displays by and large are understood and practiced as a catalyst and as a supporting facility to advertising and personal selling.
Point of sale displays differs from advertising in many ways. Whereas advertising is mostly an indirect and subtle approach towards persuading consumers to buy a product, sale displays is a direct and almost open inducement to consumers to immediately try the product. Secondly, advertising normally has long-term objectives like building brand awareness or building consumer loyalty or repositioning a brand, sale displays performs an immediate task of increasing current sales. Finally, advertising helps sales by adding some durable and long-term value to the product, while point of sale displays aid selling by temporarily changing the existing price-value relationship of the product.
The above categorization is based on the marketing problem to be tackled. If we look at the target group to whom sale displays measures are normally aimed at, we find four broad target groups, viz. the consumer, the trade or channel and influential groups. Bulk of the sale displays effort is aimed at the consumer and the trade.
What Is A Point of Sale System?
The term point-of-sale is used to describe a variety of things. This can include the checkout counter in a store or a place where transactions occur. More frequently, the phrase refers to a computerized cash register. The commonly used abbreviation for point-of-sale is POS. Each letter in the abbreviation is pronounced individually (e.g. P-O-S) versus pronouncing the abbreviation itself (e.g. paws).
When computers were first invented, large retailers were the first to implement point-of-sale systems to help automate many of the tasks involved with operating a retail store. These computers were very large and expensive. This limited the adoption of point-of-sale systems to large retailers such as grocery chains. The introduction of low cost personal computers during the 1980s allowed retail stores of all sizes to improve efficiencies with the help of pos systems.
A common point-of-sale system includes a computer, cash drawer, receipt printer, pole display, bar code scanner, magnetic swipe reader, modem and point-of-sale software. Each piece provides the following functionality:
- Personal Computer - Operates the POS software and provides hardware interfaces for devices such as printers, credit card readers and so on.
- Cash Drawer - A lock box that stores cash and is triggered to open by the pos software.
- Receipt Printer - Prints a paper copy of the sales transaction for the customer.
- Pole Display - LED display that faces the customer and shows each item and price scan.
2. Create inventory records and SKUs via the purchase order
3. Receive goods against the purchase order
4. On hand stock levels are increased based upon receiving
5. Print price tag with bar codes
6. Sell the goods via the point-of-sale cash register
7. On hand stock levels are depleted based upon SKU scans
8. Perpetual Inventory is automatically maintained
9. Generate reports on sales, inventory levels, purchases, and receiving
10. Manage inventory buying and markdown behavior based upon sales trends
As you can see, the simple point-of-sale system grew into a powerful information system for managers and store owners. Today, point-of-sale systems continue to innovate and some even include:
- eCommerce integration
- Integrated accounting
- CRM - Customer Relationship Module
- Electronic payment processing
- Gift card management
- Service order management
- Revolving accounts receivable
- Customer traffic counters
- Integrated video surveillance
- Open To Buy planning
- Linear inventory modeling
- Special order management
- EDI (electronic ordering)
- And much more...
As retail management systems continue to add more robust features, the term point-of-sale will continue to refer to just a module within the overall system.
Point of Sale (POS) System - Is It Good For Your Business Needs?
Precious time is often lost through the handling of cash in retail outlets. Similarly, the more cash is handled the greater the security risk in stores. Fortunately, Point of Sale (POS) technology is making better control of cash in retail stores possible, resulting in benefit for both staff and customers.
One German furniture company has estimated that the payment process and handling of cash at the checkout takes between 15 to 25 seconds. As this is only one part of processing the sales transaction, 15 to 25 seconds is quite substantial time and, when the seconds are calculated for the cash handling from every sale throughout the day...till operators are spending more time on this process than most business owners would like.
Then, there is also the concern of cash robbery and theft. On any given day in a retail business, one, a few or many more employees will handle cash. Think how many different times and how many different people will handle cash in a supermarket on any one day. It is also probable that many managers are reconciling cash and making deposits.
A number of retail outlets, such as major supermarkets, have introduced customer self-serve POS systems. While some staff members still need to be available to assist customers and approve some credit card transactions, automated POS systems serve to reduce cash handling and ultimately reduce costs, such as staff time, for businesses. While not necessarily appropriate for all retail businesses, the popularity of such systems in supermarkets suggests benefits for these retailers.
There are a number of tips that can be followed to assure effective control of cash in retail stores. While not all of these tips will apply to all retail businesses, the principles behind them are relevant whenever cash is handled. Simply put, the handling of money is an important responsibility within the retail context and businesses should have policies in place to successfully control cash.
- Retail Point Of Sale Software South Africa
- Retail Software Solutions Best
- Retail Management Software South Africa
- Point Of Sale Retail Software South Africa
- Point Of Sale Software For Retail Store Best
- Software For Retail Shop South Africa
- Retail Inventory Software South Africa
- Retail Software Programs Best
- Best Retail Pos System Top
- Retail Software For Small Business South Africa
- Small Business Retail Software Best
- Small Retail Business Software Best
- Software For Small Retail Business Top
- Software For Small Retail Shop South Africa
- Point Of Sale Software For Small Retail Business Free Download Best
- Till Software For Pc South Africa
- Pos System Software For Retail Store Best
- Pos Software For Retail Stores Best
- Grocery Store Pos Software South Africa
- Pos System For Retail Store Best
- Liquor Store Pos South Africa
- Convenience Store Pos South Africa
- Best Pos System For Small Retail Stores Top
- Retail Store Pos System Best
- Point Of Sale Systems For Retail Store Best