Precious time is often lost through the handling of Restaurant Point Of Sale . Similarly, the more cash is handled the greater the security risk in stores. Fortunately, Point of Sale (POS) technology is making better control of cash in retail stores possible, resulting in benefit for both staff and customers.
One German furniture company has estimated that the payment process and handling of cash at the checkout takes between 15 to 25 seconds. As this is only one part of processing pos system, 15 to 25 seconds is quite substantial time and, when the seconds are calculated for the cash handling from every sale throughout the day…till operators are spending more time on this process than most business owners would like.
Then, there is also the concern of cash robbery and theft. On any given day in a retail business, one, a few or many more employees will handle cash. Think how many different times and how many different people will handle cash in a supermarket on any one day. It is also probable that many managers are reconciling cash and making deposits, which is why they use point of sale systems.
How Do You Select the Best Point Of Sale Systems in Restaurant Point Of Sale ?
In a competitive market, point of sale displays help solve several of a marketer's short-term hurdles. The impact of sales promotion measures is not durable like the results obtained through advertising and personal selling. Sale displays by and large are understood and practiced as a catalyst and as a supporting facility to advertising and personal selling.
Point of sale displays differs from advertising in many ways. Whereas advertising is mostly an indirect and subtle approach towards persuading consumers to buy a product, sale displays is a direct and almost open inducement to consumers to immediately try the product. Secondly, advertising normally has long-term objectives like building brand awareness or building consumer loyalty or repositioning a brand, sale displays performs an immediate task of increasing current sales. Finally, advertising helps sales by adding some durable and long-term value to the product, while point of sale displays aid selling by temporarily changing the existing price-value relationship of the product.
The above categorization is based on the marketing problem to be tackled. If we look at the target group to whom sale displays measures are normally aimed at, we find four broad target groups, viz. the consumer, the trade or channel and influential groups. Bulk of the sale displays effort is aimed at the consumer and the trade.
Point of Sale - Are these Five Steps Increase Product Sales Through Your POS Display?
It can be challenging to find the right Point of Sale software system for your business. This article provides a checklist of features you should consider when making your decision. In part one, we will look at point-of-sale, customer tracking, and security features.
Point of Sale
This is the heart of a POS system. Does it feature an intuitive user interface? Will you be able to train employees quickly? Can you customize the software for your unique needs? Features to look for:
- Touch screen support.
- Customizable menu buttons to access frequently sold items.
- Customizable receipts and invoices.
- Ability to email receipts.
- Ability to create and manage quotes, layaways, special orders and workorders.
- Ability to manage gift registries.
- Ability to set up automatic add-on sale suggestions or substitutes for out-of-stock items.
- In-house gift card/store credit tracking.
- Ability to import tickets from a remote location, such as a trade show.
- Ability to interface with credit card processing software. Will you need to switch to a different processor than the one you are currently using?
- Support for electronic signature capture.
- Support for debit card cash back.
- Support for foreign currency.
- Ability to calculate and track sales tax for different municipalities, different customer types, and different types of inventory items.
- Ability to manage recurring billings, (for example, subscriptions).
- Ability to manage tips and customer tabs
- Ability to compute and track commissions and spiffs.
Your point of sale system can help you prevent employee fraud and assist you in loss prevention. Features to look for:
- Bad check tracking.
- Integrated video surveillance.
- Ability to limit employee access and rights.
- Option to require login for each sale or after a specified period of inactivity.
- Security tracking log so you know which employee handled a void, price override, return, etc.
What to Look for in a Retail Point of Sale System
Observe your typical consumer with pos system when they're out shopping and you'll see that most people will buy something that they did not intentionally set out to buy. This is down to a number of things. Call it what you will - 'an impulse buy' or 'because I deserve a treat' or simply 'I have to have it!'
I believe that the simple reason behind a large number of these purchases, are down to clever marketing and eye-catching and believable promotional displays.
Indeed - how many times yourself have you been stopped in your tracks in a store, when first your mind sees a display, then you recognise the product from the advert you saw on the TV the other day and remember that 'this promised to reduce my wrinkles instantly'
So you walk over, stop and pick up the product and read the back of the box. It, along with the literature shown on the POS display re-confirms the claim. You decide it's a bit pricey but you really want to use this product because it will reduce my wrinkles! You want to buy it, because it will make you feel better about yourself. You go ahead and buy it and leave the store feeling happier because of your purchase. You're going to look and feel better!
So, my recommended lists of five steps to increase sales of your product through cleverly manufactured POS displays are:
1. Find a company that understands the needs of you, the client and the targeted market for your project.
2. Give a clear and concise brief and understand the budget. What does your favoured cost include and exclude.
3. Understand your brand, what may or may not the display build company use.
4. Ensure your chosen company has your trust. They will go the extra mile for you.
5. Keep in touch! It's good to talk and silly mistakes will be avoided.
Finally, sit back and enjoy fantastic product sales for all point of sale software!