Precious time is often lost through the handling of Point Of Sale Software Free For Small Business . Similarly, the more cash is handled the greater the security risk in stores. Fortunately, Point of Sale (POS) technology is making better control of cash in retail stores possible, resulting in benefit for both staff and customers.
One German furniture company has estimated that the payment process and handling of cash at the checkout takes between 15 to 25 seconds. As this is only one part of processing pos system, 15 to 25 seconds is quite substantial time and, when the seconds are calculated for the cash handling from every sale throughout the day…till operators are spending more time on this process than most business owners would like.
Then, there is also the concern of cash robbery and theft. On any given day in a retail business, one, a few or many more employees will handle cash. Think how many different times and how many different people will handle cash in a supermarket on any one day. It is also probable that many managers are reconciling cash and making deposits, which is why they use point of sale systems.
How Do You Select the Best Point Of Sale Systems in Point Of Sale Software Free For Small Business ?
There are a number of channels of distribution available to the producer, which may be employed by him to bring his products to the market and use point of sale software. Consumer goods may be distributed generally through channels, in each of which the manufacturers may use the sales branch or sales office as the additional alternative. One of the channels used is Producer-Consumer, where no middleman is involved. Sales are made from house to house or by direct mail.
A second channel is Producer-Retailer-Consumer, by which goods may be purchased directly from manufacturers. Retail stores may also be opened by manufacturers by this channel.
A stockist or distributor or wholesaler is also a large sized operator but not on par with the marketer or sole selling agent in level, size and territory of operation. Stock holding and sub-distribution, as per the policies laid down by the manufacturers or the marketers, are the main functions of stockists/distributors pos retail equipment.
Point of Sale (POS) System - Is It Good For Your Business Needs?
It can be challenging to find the right Point of Sale software system for your business. This article provides a checklist of features you should consider when making your decision. In part one, we will look at point-of-sale, customer tracking, and security features.
Point of Sale
This is the heart of a POS system. Does it feature an intuitive user interface? Will you be able to train employees quickly? Can you customize the software for your unique needs? Features to look for:
- Touch screen support.
- Customizable menu buttons to access frequently sold items.
- Customizable receipts and invoices.
- Ability to email receipts.
- Ability to create and manage quotes, layaways, special orders and workorders.
- Ability to manage gift registries.
- Ability to set up automatic add-on sale suggestions or substitutes for out-of-stock items.
- In-house gift card/store credit tracking.
- Ability to import tickets from a remote location, such as a trade show.
- Ability to interface with credit card processing software. Will you need to switch to a different processor than the one you are currently using?
- Support for electronic signature capture.
- Support for debit card cash back.
- Support for foreign currency.
- Ability to calculate and track sales tax for different municipalities, different customer types, and different types of inventory items.
- Ability to manage recurring billings, (for example, subscriptions).
- Ability to manage tips and customer tabs
- Ability to compute and track commissions and spiffs.
Your point of sale system can help you prevent employee fraud and assist you in loss prevention. Features to look for:
- Bad check tracking.
- Integrated video surveillance.
- Ability to limit employee access and rights.
- Option to require login for each sale or after a specified period of inactivity.
- Security tracking log so you know which employee handled a void, price override, return, etc.
POS - Point of Sale Explained
In a competitive market, point of sale displays help solve several of a marketer's short-term hurdles. The impact of sales promotion measures is not durable like the results obtained through advertising and personal selling. Sale displays by and large are understood and practiced as a catalyst and as a supporting facility to advertising and personal selling.
Point of sale displays differs from advertising in many ways. Whereas advertising is mostly an indirect and subtle approach towards persuading consumers to buy a product, sale displays is a direct and almost open inducement to consumers to immediately try the product. Secondly, advertising normally has long-term objectives like building brand awareness or building consumer loyalty or repositioning a brand, sale displays performs an immediate task of increasing current sales. Finally, advertising helps sales by adding some durable and long-term value to the product, while point of sale displays aid selling by temporarily changing the existing price-value relationship of the product.
The above categorization is based on the marketing problem to be tackled. If we look at the target group to whom sale displays measures are normally aimed at, we find four broad target groups, viz. the consumer, the trade or channel and influential groups. Bulk of the sale displays effort is aimed at the consumer and the trade.